Tax Collector's Office
100 Mount Laurel Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tax Collector - Kim Muchowski
(856) 234-0001 Ext: 1222
You will soon be receiving your 2020 Final/2021 Preliminary Tax Bill in the mail. This bill will have your amounts due for the next three quarters, starting with the 2020 4th quarter, due November 1, 2020. If you escrow your taxes, you will receive an “Advice Only” copy for your records. We will send the original to your mortgage company.
Currently, we are still closed to the public, listed below are options to make payment:
- Mail a check or money order made payable to: Mount Laurel Township, 100 Mount Laurel Road, Mount Laurel NJ 08054
- Drop off your check or money order to the Municipal building. There is a security drop box located at the main entrance of the building on the right attached to the wall. It is marked in red “Tax Collector’s Office.”
- You can also make payment online through our website at www.mountlaurel.com Click on the second tab on the left of the homepage “Pay Taxes Online.”
- Please note that we will not be accepting any cash payments at this time.
- If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
For information on how to register for Auto Debit: CLICK HERE for process; Click Here for ACH Application Form (allows the Collector to debit quarterly taxes directly from the taxpayers checking account)
Funding for the Homestead Benefit and/or Senior Freeze programs will be determined by the new budget proposed by the Governor and agreed to by the Legislature, which is scheduled to go into effect October 1. Please check the state website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml for updates after October 1, 2020.
Our 2020 Tax Sale will be held on October, 15, 2020 at 10:00am. As per N.J.S.A. 54-5 et seq., any parcels of land on which taxes and/or other municipal charges remaining unpaid for the year 2019 are subject to the sale. Click here to view our Tax Sale List.
Taxes are due
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
There is a ten (10) day grace period. (N.J.S.A. 54:4-66) Unless otherwise stated, interest will be charged back to the original due date if taxes are not paid by the 10th.
Postmarks: Postmarks will not be accepted.
Interest: Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% on the first $1,500.00 of delinquency and 18% on any amount of delinquency over $1,500.00. (N.J.S.A. 54:4-67)
Receipts: To receive a receipt for payment, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No receipt will be sent unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is included.
Mortgages: If you have a mortgage company escrowing for taxes and they do not receive a copy of the tax bill from the Tax Office it is your responsibility to see that they get a copy.
Tax Deductions: Contact the Assessor’s office for applications.
Duplicate bill fee: The duplicate bill fee is $2.00