Animal Control/Deer Removal
The provisions of the contract call for New Jersey Animal Control to handle the following:
- Pick-up a roaming dog or cat from public or private property.
- Remove a dead dog or cat from public or private property.
- Assist with the investigation of animal cruelty complaints.
- Issue summonses and testify in court for alleged violations of Mount Laurel ordinances involving animals.
- Transport birds or domestic animals for the testing of West Nile Virus and Rabies.
- Transport quarantined dogs and cats involving bites.
- Deliver all picked up animals to the Burlington County Animal Shelter.
Burlington County Central Communications dispatches Animal Control. Ordinary hours of service are from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week. Service is available during other hours when there is a risk to people or other animals.
The contract only applies to dogs and cats. All other animals are handled by resident’s exterminators.
Report to non-emergency dispatch # 856-234-8300 for all roads.
Residents can also report to Kim Miloszar, Police Department, M-F; 8:00 am to 4;00 pm. 856-234-1414 X 1550 (if on a state park must contact Kim)